establishing a “happens before relationship” between parts of the program and the threads that are running them.
- SeqCst: all accesses on one thread that happen before and after a SeqCst access stay before and after it.
- Acquire: an acquire access ensures that every access after it stays after it.
- Release: a release access ensures that every access before it stays before it.
Solve the problem you have right now. Then solve the next one. And the next one. At one point, you’ll realize there is a pattern emerging from those solutions and then you’ll find your “solve everything”.
Understand and stay way of cargo cult “Cargo cult” is the idea that, if someone else did, so can we. Most of the time, cargo cult is simply an “easy way out” of a problem.
Keep a record of “stupid errors that took me more than 1 hour to solve”
“I’m not saying it’s wrong, I’m just confused”.
lifetimes is that they are all about references
Keep a note what you have accomplished.
Threat of Amazon on surveillance.
Focus on the usabbility and features first.
Suggestions for remote worker.
- Free Online Graph Paper / Asymmetric and Specialty Grid Paper PDFs
- garethdmm/gryphon: Powerful, proven, and extensible framework for building trading strategies at any frequency, with a focus on crypto currencies. Battle-tested with billions traded.
- JetPens - The Best Pens & Stationery From Japan & Beyond
- jreese/markdown-pp: Preprocessor for Markdown files to generate a table of contents and other documentation needs
- microsoft/mimalloc: mimalloc is a compact general purpose allocator with excellent performance.
- nhn/tui.grid: 🍞🔡 The Powerful Component to Display and Edit Data. Experience the Ultimate Data Transformer!
- Originate/scriptkeeper: Run tests against your scripts without changing your scripts.
macOS » Uninstall GoogleSoftwareUpdate
sudo /Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle/Contents/Resources/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent.app/Contents/Resources/ksinstall --nuke
- iliekturtles/uom: Units of measurement – type-safe zero-cost dimensional analysis
- JelteF/derive_more: Some more derive(Trait) options
- surge-networks/snell: An encrypted proxy service program
- timvisee/ffsend: Easily and securely share files from the command line. A fully featured Firefox Send client.
- Unpaywall: An open database of 20 million free scholarly articles
A template to setup Rust project in Azure Pipelines
Scripts may be useful later to setup Windows environment.
Interesting way to plan a year’s work.
- Linux Performance Analysis in 60,000 Milliseconds – Netflix TechBlog – Medium
- netdata/netdata: Real-time performance monitoring, done right!
- TimonPost/crossterm: Cross platform terminal library rust
- Amanieu/hashmap_core: Implementation of HashMap and HashSet for no_std environments
- crossbeam/crossbeam-skiplist at master · crossbeam-rs/crossbeam
- Is there any way to delete pull request status checks on GitHub? - Web Applications Stack Exchange
- branch - git shallow clone (clone –depth) misses remote branches - Stack Overflow
- How to start a stopped Docker container with a different command? - Stack Overflow
- Code Block 2.0: Line Numbers & Highlights
- convert anything to anything - CloudConvert
- How to Mock Time in Rust Tests and Cargo Gotchas We Met
- A curated list of distributed systems research papers initiated via @palvaro
- Gifford, D. K. (1979). Weighted voting for replicated data, 150–162. https://doi.org/10.1145/800215.806583
An example of how to test Rust in big-endian targets.
Delving into one area is also very important.
A new stabilized module.
- The Ultimate Guide to Personal Productivity Methods
- 5 Habits for Crafting the Perfect Remote Work Day
A cross platforms file sharing apps via LAN.
Free templates for planning.
Windows apps recommendations.
- My new post: Rust Cell and RefCell
- Use Lock Hierarchies to Avoid Deadlock
A perspective to explain wrap objects.
Java performance benchmark
Experience about how to study a new programming language.
- Some Details of My Personal Infrastructure—Stephen Wolfram Blog
- How to Vanquish Busywork and Spend More Time on What Matters
- 在麻省理工学院上学是什么体验 | 2018 年度征文
- Managing Remote Teams - A Crash Course
- The iOS Safari Tip: filter and close tabs in batch
- 40000 字、100 张配图，教你如何用 iPhone 拍出好照片 & 视频：iPhone 相机完全操作指南 2.0
- Managing Remote Teams - A Crash Course - Startup Lessons Learned
- DBMS Musings It’s Time to Move on from Two Phase Commit
- A Masterclass in Getting Stuff Done, Straight from the Experts - Ambition & Balance
- Viewstamped replication A new primary copy method to support highly available distributed systems | the morning paper
Proof-of-Work also plays a second, somewhat less appreciated role, which is guarding access to a node’s limited resources, such as disk, bandwidth, memory, and CPU.
their biggest current pain points were “limited number of users” (67%) and “poor user experience” (44%).