This is a post in series "What I Touched"
Off-Chain computation, On-Chain verification.
Consensus: Cosmos uses DPoS, Polkadot uses hybrid PBFT / Aurand.
- With Polkadot the network security is pooled and shared. This means that individual chains can leverage collective security without having to start from scratch to gain traction and trust.
- Cosmos uses governance to decide whether or not the main Cosmos Hub should connect to a Cosmos Zone.
- There are 2 types of decisions: 1-way door decisions and 2-way door decisions. Be involved with the former, but less and less in the latter.
- Before you make an offer to someone, think about whether you’d like to have 10 times as many people like them in your company.
- It’s better to have a hole in your org. than an asshole.
It is the same with the first advice I listed above.
True cost = estimation * ( 1 + catch up + undiscovered + enhancement )
The author deleted all distracting apps, which is too aggressive. My solution is to disable the notifications, and put all the apps in one folder, so it is too inconvenient to open them.
Be honest and transparent.
- Write it down before any argue.
- Writing helps to think throughly.
ETH is the only thing that Ethereum really recognizes as an asset that can be owned. Everything else is relegated to the land of “virtual” ownership