I published 2 posts:
- ♯ Install macOS Big Sur in 2021
- ♯ SSH Authentication Using a YubiKey on Windows And the OpenSSH Client
During the holiday, I have migrated my information hub from Diigo to Readwise.
Reclipped is a tool to take timestamped notes on videos. It supports popular video platforms, such as YouTube and Vimeo.
┌ Hashed and Hierarchical Timing Wheels
Keeping a lot of timers is a common problem in many distributed system. The paper “Hashed and Hierarchical Timing Wheels: Data Structures for the Efficient Implementation of a Timer Facility – Varghese & Lauck 1987” has listed 7 data structures and recommended the last two: Hashing Wheel with Unordered Timer Lists and Hierarchical Timing Wheels.
In this post, the author shared two decision trees to choose SQL and NoSQL databases. He also shared some tips for choosing a database.
Know your energy pattern and match your tasks to your energy.
Write tests and ensure they all pass.
Repeat following procedure:
- Mutate the code to introduce some bugs.
- Check whether the bug is captured by test. If not, modify the existing test cases or add new ones.
- Revert the bugs and ensure test is green again.
Ben Maurer shared several software reliability techniques used in Facebook.
Fabian Reinartz introduced how he designed the V3 storage structure of Prometheus.
The essential of the design is splitting the data by time ranges.