🕯 R.I.P 达叔.
I have finished the following books:
- Computer Systems: A Programmer’s Perspective
- Designing Distributed Systems: Patterns and Paradigms for Scalable, Reliable Services
为了游戏世界里沉默的少数派，她已经迈出了第一步 - 少数派
Recommended by @laike9m.
A privacy-first, open-source(frontend now, backend later) platform for knowledge sharing and management.
Inspired by Roam Research, Workflowy, and Emacs org-mode.
How to Move Your Team Toward Async-First Communication
Async communication is about allowing team members to “consume and respond to messages on their own time instead of on the sender’s schedule.”
如何更好地保护手机数据隐私？这 10 款 App 你可能用得上 - 少数派
Andrew Ng Advice on Reading Research Papers
- Compile list of papers and articles.
- Skip around the list. Read 10% of each paper and choose the ones worth the time to delve into.
- The bad way is reading from the first word to the last word.
- Read the title, the abstract, and the figures.
- Read the intro, the conclusions, all figures and skim the rest.
- Skim related work.
- Read the paper but skip the math.
- Read whole things but skip parts that don’t make sense.
- Read to answer the questions:
- What did authors try to accomplish.
- What can you use yourself?
- What other references do you want to follow?
- Math and code:
- Re-derive/Re-implement from scratch.
Turn the contributions chart to a 3D model. Here is mine in 2020.
Foundational distributed systems papers
A curated list of papers.
Conway’s law - Wikipedia
Any organization that designs a system (defined broadly) will produce a design whose structure is a copy of the organization’s communication structure.
— Melvin E. Conway
Mistakes I’ve Made as an Engineering Manager
- Mistake 1: Thinking people give feedback the way they want to receive it
- Mistake 2: Trying to do everything yourself as a manager is the best way to help
- Mistake 3: Communicating something one time is enough
- Mistake 4: You have to have everything together all the time
People Who Adopt These 5 Verbal Habits in 2021 Have Very High Emotional Intelligence
- “Tell me more.”
- “Thanks for your understanding.”
- “Am I making sense?”
- Absolutely nothing.
卡片笔记法、Roam Research 与个人笔记体系的建立——拯救「写过就忘」 - 少数派